Project Manager Oxford
We are looking for a Project Manager to provide administrative and project managerial support to its office in Oxford. The PM must be extremely adaptable and willing to pitch in when required. An ability to communicate well with physicists and customers is key. We would particularly welcome individuals who have previously worked with Innovate UK funding guidelines.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare schedules and budgets in collaboration with project personnel and stakeholders across all of the teams.
- Establish work plans for each phase of project
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Assess and manage the performance of subcontractors, if any.
- Prepare project reports
- Identify risks and challenges to successful timely on-budget project execution.
- Devise and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Confer with project personnel to resolve problems.
- Track costs versus budget
- Uphold ethics and values of the company.
- Support proposal writing efforts in the form of modeling, budgeting, or participating in strategy and brainstorming.
- Help identify potential contract opportunities.
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Physics
Demonstrable track record of successfully delivering projects.
Ability to think creatively
Excellent organisational skills, problem solving skills and analytical ability
Strong financial awareness
An engineering or scientific background preferably physics
Candidates must successfully complete criminal record checks.
The successful candidate must have right to work in the United Kingdom