We seek a self-motivated entrepreneurial scientist or engineer who will become the second employee of ColdQuanta UK. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop a cutting edge research and development program to further ColdQuanta’s goal to become a world leader in the quantum technologies space. The candidate must have permission to work in the UK and be able to travel to the US and throughout Europe.
- Evaluate, select and apply scientific or engineering procedures and techniques to the development of advanced technology to meet specific project needs.
- Identify potential challenges and develop creative resolutions to meet project requirements
- Help to develop additional funding opportunities.
- Develop new components and systems for the ColdQuanta product line.
- Develop technology to meet the goals of current projects and aid with the transition of projects into products.
- Translate customer, partner and end user requirements into technology development activities.
- Document project progress and identify, track and resolve any project issues.
- Ensure timely execution of contract deliverables and act as liaison between partners and funding agencies
- Contribute to external reports, publications and proposals; order propecia online author/co-author papers, proposals, presentations and reports; give invited papers; attend project workshops and conferences.
- Identify materials and components to meet project requirements; identify vendors to meet project needs;
- Maintain and develop vendor relationships; match designs to vendor capabilities for project specifications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: PhD in optics, atomic physics, or related field; similar MS with equivalent experience in ultra-high vacuum technology or laser cooling; related BS with exceptional qualifications may also be considered
- Understanding of experimental physics systems, especially laser, vacuum, and magneto-optical traps.
- Highly effective problem solver
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to present information to technical teams, business teams, government, academia and the public
- Ability to prepare and follow project or proposal budgets
- Ability to work and make steady technical progress independently
- Entrepreneurial drive, intellectual agility and personal eagerness to develop with the needs of the business.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
Optics, Opto-mechanics, Fiber Optics, Electronics, Laser Cooling, Ultra-High Vacuum, Project Management
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter highlighting qualifications to both:
Seema Hess, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org Max Perez, Project Manager – email@example.com